- Are you licensed and insured? It’s essential to verify that the moving company you’re considering is properly licensed and insured. Ask for their license number and confirm its validity with the appropriate regulatory authority. Additionally, inquire about their insurance coverage for your belongings during the move. Hiring a licensed and insured moving company provides you with protection and peace of mind.
- What services do you offer? Different moving companies may offer varying levels of services. Inquire about the specific services they provide, such as packing, loading, transportation, unloading, and unpacking. Some companies offer comprehensive end-to-end moving services, while others may only handle specific aspects. Understanding their service offerings will help you determine if they can meet your needs.
- How do you determine pricing? Understanding the company’s pricing structure is crucial to avoid any unexpected costs. Ask for a detailed explanation of how they determine their prices. Will they provide a binding estimate or a non-binding estimate? Do they charge by the hour, by weight, or by distance? Inquire about any additional fees or surcharges that may apply, such as for stairs, elevators, or bulky items. Obtaining a clear understanding of the pricing will help you budget effectively for your move.
- Do you have references or customer reviews? Ask the moving company for references or customer reviews from previous clients. Positive feedback and testimonials can indicate their reliability and professionalism. You can also check online review platforms and websites for customer reviews. Hearing about others’ experiences with the company will give you insights into their quality of service and customer satisfaction.
- What is your claims process? Inquire about the moving company’s claims process in case of loss or damage to your belongings during the move. Understand how they handle claims, what documentation is required, and the timeframe for filing a claim. A reputable moving company will have a clear and efficient process to address any issues that may arise during the moving process.
Bonus tip: Ask about their experience in handling moves similar to yours. If you have any specific requirements or unique items to be moved, make sure to communicate them and ask if the company has experience and expertise in handling such situations.